25 November 2010

Gobbles!!!!(That's Turkey For Happy Thanksgiving!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends out here in blogland. I think I'll do a bullet list of what I'm thankful for. Never done one so it's high time :)
  • I am thankful each and every day for you all. You helped me through tough times and I'm sure there are more to come.
  • I'm thankful for my family who drives me insane on a regular basis. I know it's not a far drive but I guess they're mine.
  • My friends IRL have been awesome this year. My neighbor and I have gotten really close this year. I love her to bits and consider her a sister.
  • I'm thankful for having a job. 2 years ago I should have walked away from the employer but I had nowhere to go. Last year was a bit better. This year has gotten better everyday. I still get shit on by HR but hopefully there are changes on the horizon.
  • I'm thankful for still having the girlie parts to be able to try to have a child. I know many people who don't have the plumbing to even try. Mine is a bit faulty but I can at least try.
  • I'm thankful for my cats. They are such good companions when I am home alone. I can also thank them for getting my ass out of bed this morning. I got bitch slapped by one to get up and feed them.
  • I'm thankful for this pile of bricks that I live in. It sure isn't glamorous but I'm try and make it a home. I look forward to the day that I can upgrade but for now I can call this mine.
  • I'm thankful to have a mostly functioning, fully paid for car. She's showing her age but I don't have a payment and she's taken me to many big events in life.
  • I'm thankful that I didn't have to fly this week. I wouldn't care about the searches but I'd hate to be around all the whiners that do bitch. It came close to me flying. Luckily baby making trumped the trip for work and my supervisor had to go.
  • I'm thankful for having a pantry and freezer full of food. It's hard to keep this much fluff up with no food.
  • I am thankful to be living in a relatively free country that is not under constant attack. I'm going to write a letter to North Korea on here soon.
  • There's much more that I am thankful for but it's slipping my mind or it's too boring (ie 2 ply toilet paper).
Today's plans have changed drastically as of last night. My parents were supposed to come down for lunch today. My dad, however, was not going to make it home last night from work (he's a truck driver) because he works for a loser ass company that doesn't own a fucking clock. I was caught in an epic fight between my mother and my father. So fuck it, Dad mentioned doing it on Saturday so that's the executive decision that I made. My head was in so much pain last night. I had such a horrible sinus headache that no drugs was touching. With it being that time of month, I'm very limited on what I can take. Basically I was asleep by 7, went to bed at 9 still in pain, and didn't come to until 5 when I felt better. And on the baby front, I'm in that waiting time. I don't feel any different. I just got some low cramps every now and then and that's it. I did get my ass chewed by my sister yesterday. She told me I need to take the next 3 months off because she doesn't want to see me have a newborn during cold and flu season get sick and need to have a spinal tap. (Gotta love the ER nurse in her). I understand her concern. I appreciate her concern. However, I'm not getting any younger. I can't be living life on "what if's". Bless her heart. I love her to bits.

I better get back to my Black Friday sales ads online :) I'm too lazy to go get the real paper so I have to remember all the stores that I have in the area.


2 comments:

Schmoop said...

Have a wunnerful Thanksgiving and a victorious Black Friday my friend. And as always, good luck to you on the baby front, cold and flu season be damned!! Cheers AC!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love your list. :-)