02 October 2010

Fall Is In The Air

First off, I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post. That was a really rough night for me in the mental department. Hell, it's still sore but at least I'm home now and have distractions to make it less painful.

Fall is definitely in the air here. The trees are changing. The air has gotten much cooler. It's now a game of how much cold can we hold out on before turning on the furnace. So far so good. It does make for a stuffy house though.

The day light has dramatically decreased too. Many people say they love fall but I despise it. Yes it is pretty. Yes it is a nice break from the hot temperatures. Yes Christmas is right around the corner but I hate being in so much darkness. I don't deal well with waking up when it is dark out. As this gets worse, I leave for work at sunrise and it's already dark when I leave work. The depression kicks in pretty hard until this shit turns around. Well, that and when it's bitter ass cold I'm not the happiest girl either. I have learned thought that I do fare better in the bitter cold than the roast your balls off hot.

I've been sick as a dog for the past couple of days now too. Last night it took a shot of codeine, half a shot of plain cough medicine, a slathering of vicks, 2 benadryl, a shot of booze, and a cup of tea to finally get my ass to pass out while coughing my brains out. I slept in the livingroom in an attempt to not keep hubby up. Yeah. Worked about that well. I even busted out a dvd of a classic Garfield special that Mom would always play when we were sick as children. That just made the coughing a bit more bearable.

Today I have to go to my niece's birthday party. Yippy. Inlaw time. Just what I always wanted. Bah.. Better hit the shower..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a creeping crud similar to what my wife got. I won't tell you how long it lasted . . .

I'm with ya in hating the lack of light this time of year brings. Drive to work in the dark, drive home in the dark. You start to feel like a mole after a while.