20 June 2010

Happy Fathers Day!!!

I am friends with many guys out here and all of them have children. They take the time to do things with their kids. They go to their sports games, they take them on outings, they participate and offer advice in every aspect of their children's lives.

My dad didn't do much of this. It was all work and that was about it. No attendance at sports. No reading books at night. He provided for his family and made sure the house wasn't in disrepair. As I've gotten older that has changed. We golf. He comes help on my house. He loves when my mother goes to my sister so he can spend the night at my house. He had an awakening about 25 years late but I'll take it.

Here's to the dads who actually are dads. Not the guys who send a check to their baby mama and never see their kids. Those guys are just sperm donors. The men who man up and take care of their kids through thick and thin deserve a round of applause.

Now dads, go grab a beer, sit down in your favorite spot and nap and scratch yourself into happiness :)


2 comments:

Weight Loss Success Stories said...

Wish you happy Father's day 2010 and also for all my friends.

Brian said...

So glad your dad had an awakening at all! It's great to be able to spend quality time like that. Especially the golfing part!