26 December 2008

Back At It

I was back at it in full force today for work.  I worked my ass off!  Holiday?  What holiday?  I swear it never even happened.  

I was haulin ass through a little town today and got passed by an ambulance who was being followed by a car and then a cop.  It brought me to wonder something.  Do ya think ambulances ever get pulled over for speeding?  Maybe someone can help me out with this thought....

I didn't share before what Hubby got me for Christmas.  Amidst all my crazies on Wednesday, he brought me a little red box.  I started crying of course.  It had the sticker of a local jewelry shop on it.  I thought maybe I got a diamond!  Yeah...right.....I somehow got into the wrappings and noticed with was a locket that he gave me from when we dated early on.  Here he was sweet enough to buy me a new chain to go with the locket.  It isn't a big chain or anything special.  But it is a chain.  

I got to thinking about this gift.  He told me the time frame of when he bought this gift.  It seems to have fallen during the time where if you bought something at this jewelry store, they would give you a gift card to the local sporting goods store to buy a gun.  Hmmmmmm......Ulterior motive??  I think so....

4 comments:

pure evyl said...

I love driving the chase van on ambulance runs from the prison. Hauling ass through little towns that are notorious speed traps is fun as hell.

Anonymous said...

Don't over think the gift. He got you something to repair a sentimental piece of yall's history. Lean back and enjoy it.

Average Chick said...

Evyl- I'd say what job do I apply for if our damn governor didn't put a hiring freeze on indefinitely for this lovely state....I could have waaayyy too much fun at my job then!

Sugar- Yes dear

Evening said...

Hmmmmm, That does sound like a reason for a man to buy jewlery. Oh well, you got a nice gift and he is happy too.
xo