19 October 2009

Hotel Faux Pas


I pride myself on being able to pick out relatively nice hotels for a good price. I'm on the road again for work and since I was not officially committed until this morning, I waited to book my hotel. The place that I have found here and have learned to call my second home didn't have a room available this time. I was crushed. Since this isn't a heavily populated area, there's not many big chain hotels here. Many budget type hotels. I chose to stay at the hotel/conference center that is right behind my normal hotel. The price was right and I could upgrade to a room with a kitchen in it. I arrived to a room that the only entrance to it is from the outside. Strike 1.

The room itself reminds me of the cheap rent by the hour kind of rooms. The colors are at least updated to mint green and a warm peaches and pinks. I have a full size couch. The shower does look inviting. The rest of the wooden furniture doesn't match and is not all that sturdy. Let's not forget the melted plastic on top of the tv from a cigarette.

I was excited at the thought of being able to nuke or bake a pot pie for dinner. I began to scope out the kitchen. Here it is....


Let me give you a run down of what you are seeing for my "kitchen."

It is a one closet kitchen in a metal box. There is a sink, 2 stove top burners, and under it is the fridge. That's it. No microwave. No oven. WTF? I did find a toaster in one of the cupboards though. I also don't see any dish soap either. Ewwwwwww.....

I screwed up up y'all. Big time. I hope I don't need antibiotics after staying here.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garden Inn it aint. At least it wasn't haunted?