03 July 2009

Karmic Changes??

I wrote the other day about how everybody, including myself have changed.  Well, I had a flashback the next day that really makes me happy about change.

Before I dated hubs, I met a guy online.  Mind you this was back when I was a minor. He wasn't.  That should have been my first clue.  This guy was a bit of a nut job.  Got kicked out of the Army.  Lived at home with his parents.  Huge into witchcraft.  Had no job.  Other parts were, shall we say, lacking. 

This was the guy that sent my parents into a tail spin.  To say they didn't like him was an understatement.  I tested their patients with "being too tired to come home" from a festival a few hours away so we got a hotel room.  It was my first hotel sex. 

I finally came to my senses that this dude was not what I wanted to spend my life with.  It was the first time I broke up with anyone.  I then was asked out on a date by hubs exactly 3 days later but that's another story.

Well, he had this old car that was barely working when I was dating him.  It was one of them old boats.  So there I was cruising down the highway on the way home from work the other day and I notice this old rust bucket boat rollin down the highway.  It brought back memories of that car.  I pass it and low and behold, it was the ex.  He looked like HELL.  He looked like he should have his face on a poster for molesting little boys. 

I am soooo glad that I changed my life path by breaking up with him.  It was a good experience of knowing what I did not want but I am soooo glad that I did not stay with him.  I'm sure I would have left him at some point in time but I'm glad I did it when I did. 

No comments: