22 June 2009

Mountain Roadie!!

Greetings y'all from Billings, Montana! 

Work has sent me to this lovely state for a couple of days.  Most people get to fly into the Billings airport and go upon their merry way.  Not this chick.  18 hours of driving.  Couldn't take a plane because of what I had to bring out here. 

We ran out of employees to go with me on this trip so they sent my hubby along.  It's amazing, 15 straight hours in the vehicle with him yesterday and we did not kill each other.  It was actually pleasurable.  Lots of laughs.  A good nap.  And some gorgeous sites were seen. 

Our hotel last night was one of the worlds biggest shit holes.  There was not much area to park so we ended up parking on the city street.  The room was hot as hell.  A bit dirty.  And no internet.  We bypassed the breakfast this morning.  Or what they called a breakfast.  I waited the 3 hours to get to Billings to have a real breakfast. 

I  just got checked into our hotel here. It's an off brand hotel but the hotel is nice.  The room is clean.  The bed looks to be in good shape.  The a/c works.  I also have nice strong internet.

I'm fixin to find a good dinner to go to.  It's been a long time since I've been on a trip with hubby that didn't involve family in the area.  Very odd.  I will be happy to have some time apart soon.  He's messin with my normal hotel activities!  

I'm hoping to get a decent HNT pic out of somewhere in this week.  Wish me luck trying to get one from a guy who has no clue!  Maybe Os would come see me to take one :)

Y'all play nice.  I gotta figure out if I need a nap or food here....

2 comments:

Dana said...

Any chance you'll be meeting up with a blogger in the area?

Enjoy Montana - and your husband!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip so far. The real test will be the ride home.