27 June 2009

AC's Green Thumb

I don't remember if I posted this last summer and I'm too lazy to look so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

I do enjoy playing a bit with things that grow outside.  I have a few plants that if killed are grounds for a divorce.  (Lilac, Bleeding Heart, and some other bush that I can't spell the name of)  The one thing that I hate and I'm sure everyone hates is taking a wander out in the lawn barefoot to enjoy the feel of grass on your toes and then you step on a thistle.  I freakin hate that and they always seem to grow in any conditions.  Well my friends, I have found a cheap, earth friendly way to kill these little bastards.

Salt.

Plain ol' 50 cent salt.

Iodinated or regular, it doesn't matter.  Just pour some on the leaves and let it sit.  Within a couple of days the plant absorbs the salt and it kills it from the roots up.  It'll turn black and wilt and be able to be disposed of. 

Just a little green thumb tip that I'm sure many know of but I find amazing every year.

No comments: