24 April 2009

Greetings from the Show!

I'm chillin at a trade show right now.  I should be doing work.  I should have signed up to be an attendee to this show.  I should have done many things.  Like should have not drank so much last night.

I started lightly when I hit the hotel.  I was impressed with the taj ma hal that I checked into.  Normally I get crap rooms but this time I got the presidential suite I swear.  Full kitchen.  Living room.  Separate bedroom.  2 tvs.  Whirlpool tub in the bathroom.  I'm tell ya peeps, I swear they messed up. 

My good friend who I haven't seen in a long time came to visit me here.  We always have fun together.  She is having issues with her fiance so that just fueled the drinking fire.  The beers went down fast.  I was feelin pretty froggy.  Next stop was the bar.

The bar was dead.  Somehow over the past couple of years I've turned into an social alcoholic butterfly so I was talkin with the bartender and I remember him from the past few years when he got us messed up then.  The highlight of this bar is they do a Vegas style bartending flair show a few times during the night.  Well during said flair show I ended up getting a free big mixed drink and a free shot.  Game over after that.  It set the scene for something so not pretty for the rest of the evening. 

I feel really really bad for the poor girl who has to clean my room today.  I wish I had an extra 20 for her. 

I also think the good Lord was giving me a sign this morning.  I'm not sure the meaning but either He was telling me the day was going to be good or I was going to come out of the closet, one of the two.  In the sky was the most full and defined rainbow I have seen in a long time.  Usually I see the rainbow that goes only half way across the sky but this went the full way and had another half just above the left side.  So pretty.  I felt soooo shitty. 

I say I'm not going to drink again tonight.  We shall see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear they put the toilet next to the bathtub for a reason?

Average Chick said...

I'm pretty sure they had me in mind, Sugar, when they were designing the bathrooms. Thank God for that tub!

And I am happy to report that I did not drink Friday night.

TitansFan said...

That room sounds really nice! I used to travel a lot back in my Jet setting days. Many a nice hotel rooms. I looked back on that experience a year ago and realized that I never used the whirlpool tubs. I just used the shower. I guess I didn't want to be late for the meetings so I hurried. So I decided to get a new Whirlpool Tub. It is intended to give me time to relax. It has worked great!