08 October 2008

Identity Theft?

I'm not in my happy place right now with my supervisor. (I use that term loosely since she has no clue about this industry)  Well, she had to send out some information on some us employees to a customer.  This information had personally identifiable information on it(ie name, date of birth, social security number, maiden name).  She gets real crazy with the cc function of email all the time.  Well, this information was cc'd to about 7 people who didn't need to know this information.  One of these people I have a history with and I question her ethics to my grave.  Some of these people are not internal employees.  Great.  So now they all have all my personal information.  I'm giving the owner a week to figure out a plan of attack to prevent identity theft otherwise I'm going to the state.  Any other thoughts besides Exlax in her lunch?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my wife's place of work, someone stole a manager's laptop.

So, everyone who had their personal information that was in the stolen laptop got 2 years of identity theft protection.

Her company paid for it.

That could be a route that you could go.

Jennybean said...

I don't have any great ideas...

But that sucks...

Average Chick said...

An apology email was all I got. And that she called all the recipients to tell them to please delete the attachment....yeah...I got the warm freakin fuzzies now......

pure evyl said...

Make them pony up for ID theft protection. Then give the dumbass a beat down.

Naughty Angel said...

Thats scary. Definitely bad ethics on your boee's part.